In 1937, a group of friends and neighbors of the "Union School Community," all dedicated Christians, met often and regularly on Sunday afternoons under the shade of a huge oak tree in a nearby pasture for Bible Study, prayer and fellowship. On November 24, 1937, Trinity called her first pastor, Reverend O. O. Davis, and elected hers.
Never giving up their dream, the newly formed church first met in a three-room house on Old Blackmon Ferry Road, which was offered by Brother G. D. Freidberger, a beloved deacon and a charter member of the fellowship. There, midst the beauty of God's nature, a DREAM was born, and a "God-breathed" church came into existence. The people prayed, even then that a House of Worship might be built here, where we worship today.
The Lord God, who neither sleeps nor slumbers, heard their prayers, and gave them their mission – to build a church. Soon a formal Presbytery made up of three sister churches (Beech Street, College Hill, and Shiloh Baptist), was invited to meet with the group, and passed upon their eligibility to constitute themselves into a Baptist church.
Services for the formal organization of Trinity Baptist Church were held on Sunday afternoon, November 20, 1937, on the old Union School Grounds, adjacent to the selected building site, with thirty-eight (38) charter members present. Following the strains of “Blessed Assurance” and “How Firm A Foundation”, Reverend O. O. Davis, chosen moderator of the organizing group, read the Church Covenant and Articles of Faith, as stated by Pendleton. By motion and unanimous vote of the group, the people affirmed these principles as the expression of their faith and agreement for work, A message on tithing was preached and an offering for Foreign Missions was taken, totaling $8.00.
The first church building was a wooden structure, built by the members' own hands. It served the church well for over a quarter of a century, and many victories were won for the Lord within those walls.
On November 26, 1978, the church voted to call Reverend Wallace O. Edgar from his pastorate at Shiloh Baptist Church. Bro. Wallace, God's Undershepherd, returned "home" to Trinity, where he was licensed and ordained, to lead these people in mid-December, 1978. After almost 28 years of faithful service he "retired."
A lot of love, sacrifices, prayers, offerings and faith have gone into the building of Trinity Baptist Church. Trinity is now one of the largest churches in Texarkana, Arkansas. From its humble beginning in 1937, Trinity has had the same location, same name, the same faith, the same motivation and the same determination, to further His gospel in this area and through the world. And what of the future? Said Adoniram Judson, the missionary, with a twinkle in his eye, "The future is as bright as the promises of God."
In May of 1997 the church voted to acquire approximately 36 acres of vacant land at Loop 245 and Interstate 30 to serve as a relocation site. The Murphy family donated a portion of this property to the church, with the church purchasing the remainder. In 1997 the church sold its facility on Blackmon Ferry Road to another Baptist church and leased the property from the new owner until they could occupy their new facility.
In November of 1998 the church to action to build its present facility. The church occupied the new structure in August 2000. As God blessed Trinity Baptist Church and Trinity Christian Schools, the need was obvious for more educational space, a full service gymnasium, office space and remodeling of the present building to accommodate a new chapel/fellowship area and youth room as well as updating existing classrooms. Further construction projects were made and completed in May 2004.